- Product manufacturing procedure
- Cable tray production
Cable tray production
1 Applied area
This standard stipulates the procedure for initial management to ensure quality and performance for setting cable tray product standards in our company.
2-1. cable tray system
The cable tray system consists of a metal tray part and parts, and is a solid frame shape for supporting wires.
2-2. Type of cable tray
- (1) Leather (Ladder ladder) type A ladder-type tray is a metal structure composed of two straight side rails and a plurality of grids to connect them.
- (2) Through ventilation type The throw-type cable tray is more than 100mm (41NCH) wide and has a ventilation hole at the bottom. It is a metal structure that is separated from or mixed with a straight side rail.
- (3) Solid (without air vents) type The solid-bottom type cable tray has no ventilation holes on the floor and is a metal structure separated from the straight side rail.
- (4) Channel type A channel-type cable tray has a side of less than 100mm (41NCH), one side is a solid type, and the other side is a metal structure with a mixed configuration.
2-3. Cable tray parts (Section)
The cross section of the cable tray is a single length cable tray shape and shapes such as yellow, tee, and cross.
2-4. Straight tray (Straight Section)
The straight type is a cable tray with a cross-section with no angle change.
2-5. Connection port(Fittings)
The cable tray connection port is a part for connecting the cable tray for the purpose of changing the orientation or dimension of the cable tray system.
2-6. Horizontal Elbow
A horizontal elbow is a cable tray component for direction change in the same plane.
2-7. Horizontal Tee
The horizontal tee is a connecting part used to change direction in three directions 90˚ in the same plane.
2-8. Horizontal Cross
A horizontal cross is a part constructed for connection with other cable tray parts on the same plane.
2-9. Vertical Elbow
A vertical elbow is a part of a cable tray used to change direction to another plane.
- (1) Inside Vertical Elbow It is a part used to change direction from the same plane to the upward direction.
- (2) Outside Vertical Elbow A connecting piece used for turning downwards in the same plane.
2-10. Reducer (Straight, Right Hand, Left Hand)
A reducer is a part configured to connect with other cable tray parts on the same plane.
- (1) Straight A reducer is two symmetrical shapes.
- (2) Right Hand A reducer is one with an opening in a straight line to the right.
- (3) Left Hand A reducer is one with an opening to the left of the straight line.
Cable tray connector means only parts for assembling connecting parts on straight cable trays. The basic shape of the connecting part is as follows.
- (1) Ligid
- (2) Expansion
- (3) Adjustable
The cable tray support is a part necessary to support a straight cable tray or connection port. The basic form of the support is as follows.
- (1) Cantilevelr Bracket
- (2) Trapeze
- (3) Suspension Rod
3 Reference value and tolerance
division leather type Throw type (pinched duct) Solid bottom type (duct) Standard dimension Tolerance Standard dimension Tolerance Standard dimension Tolerance Length 2.4, 2.0, 3, 3.6(M) ±4.7(mm) 2.4, 3, 3.6 (M) ±4.7(mm) 2.4, 3, 3.6 (M) ±4.7(mm) width 150, 300, 450,
±6.3 150, 300, 450,
±6.3 150, 300, 450,
±6.3 (Inside standard) (Inside standard) (Inside standard) Length
(side rail height)
70, 75, 100,
120, 150 (mm)
±9.5 70, 75, 100,
120, 150 (mm)
±9.5 70, 75, 100,
120, 150 (mm)
±9.5 (Inside standard) (Inside standard) (Inside standard) Rung spacing 150, 200, 300,
- - - - - Elbow circumferential angle 30, 45, 60, 90 도 - 30, 45, 60, 90 도 - 30, 45, 60, 90 도 - Radius of elbow 300, 600, 900 (mm) - 300, 600, 900 (mm) - 300, 600, 900 (mm) -
4 Business process
- In order to satisfy the standard dimensions and installation work in Paragraph 3 above, when the sales department consults with customers to receive orders, prepare a star chart and other order information survey form and submit it to the production department.
- The development department of the production department sets product specifications (specifications) by referring to the order information survey form and related data after recording it in the order information register.
- A prototype is produced to confirm the quality characteristics (dimensions, strength, durability deformation, electrical conductivity) of the designed product specification (specification sheet). submit
- The development department requests the quality characteristic test to the quality control department.
- The quality control department conducts dimensional inspection according to the set specifications, the breaking load test standard, the deformation test, and the electrical conductivity measurement standard, and sends a report to the development department.
- In the development department, the report written by the quality control department and the test result notification are attached and reviewed by the quality control manager and then approved by the production manager.
- The development department sends approved product specifications (specifications) and drawings to the sales department, and the sales department submits it to the customer to obtain company approval, and then reports the approval result to the production department.
- Product specifications (specifications) and drawings that have been approved by the company are registered in accordance with the drawing management regulations and distributed to the production management department and sales department for use.
5 Criteria table for application of load and distance interval
5-1 Permissible load capacity
Permissible load capacity refers to the ability of an electric wire to withstand a static load applied to the tray.
5-2 Spacing of supports
The distance between both ends is based on 2.4M, 3.0M, and 6.6M.
6 Strength test
6-1 Electric wire test
When using the cable tray for batteries, carry out in accordance with the method for measuring the electrical conductivity of the cable tray connection part.
7 Specifications and
In the specification sheet of the cable tray, each of the following items is described.
- (1) Class notation
- (2) Shape (ladder, throw, solid, etc.)
- (3) Texture
- (4) Surface treatment
- (5) Rung spacing
- (6) Inside depth (side rail inside height)
- (7) Radius
- (8) Part
- (1) Drawing number
- (2) Shape
- (3) Width
- (4) Radius
- (5) Embossed (Measuring Point)
- (6) Notation of vertical or horizontal transition points
- (7) Vertical or horizontal tolerances
- (8) Tray number
- (9) Support fixture
8 Maintenance / management
When using the cable tray for batteries, follow the method for measuring the electrical conductivity of the cable tray connection part.